Gun Guys Emails
Our Newsletter
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Tactical
  • Firearms
  • Videos
Reading: Fake police officers kidnapping Americans in Haiti sparks renewed strong travel warning
Share
Search
Gun Guys EmailsGun Guys Emails
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Firearms
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Tactical
  • Firearms
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
2025 © Gun Guy Emails. All Rights Reserved.
News

Fake police officers kidnapping Americans in Haiti sparks renewed strong travel warning

Wayne Park
Last updated: February 19, 2026 12:58 am
Last updated: February 19, 2026 3 Min Read
Share
Fake police officers kidnapping Americans in Haiti sparks renewed strong travel warning
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Kidnappers posing as police officers are targeting victims in Haiti’s capital as ransom abductions spike in Port-au-Prince, prompting the U.S. Embassy to issue a fresh security warning urging Americans to limit travel and avoid driving alone.

The embassy said there has been an increase in reported kidnappings for ransom, particularly in the Delmas area, with some assailants impersonating law enforcement to carry out abductions.

U.S. officials urged Americans to limit all unnecessary travel, avoid traveling alone and inform someone of their movements and expected return times.

“Do not drive alone,” the notice stated, reiterating that Haiti remains under a Level 4 – Do Not Travel advisory, the State Department’s highest warning level.

UN STAFF IN HAITI TOLD TO STAY OFF STREETS AFTER GANG COALITION FLEXES MUSCLE, US MARINES FACE GUNFIRE

Fox News Digital has reached out to the State Department for additional information on the matter.

The warning comes weeks after the U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince notified U.S. citizens of ongoing security operations north and south of the compound and in Croix-des-Bouquets after heavy gunfire was reported in the capital.

The violence prompted U.S. government personnel to halt all movements, according to the State Department, and officials urged nearby American citizens to avoid the area and monitor local media for updates.

OFFICIALS CHANGE TRAVEL ALERT FOR SPRING BREAK HOT SPOT WHILE WARNING OF ‘SEXUAL ASSAULTS’

Armed gangs control large portions of Port-au-Prince and surrounding areas, according to the State Department and the United Nations Integrated Office in Haiti.

Croix-des-Bouquets, one of the areas referenced in the recent warning, has long been considered a stronghold of the 400 Mawozo gang.

STATE DEPARTMENT ISSUES SECURITY ALERT AMID ‘HEAVY GUNFIRE’ NEAR US EMBASSY IN HAITI

Haitians flee homes due to the gang violence, in Port-au-Prince

Joly Germine, 34, of Croix-des-Bouquets, was sentenced to life in prison in December for his role in the 2021 abduction of 16 American citizens, including five children, Fox News Digital previously reported.

The victims, with Ohio-based Christian Aid Ministries, were returning from an orphanage when they were taken hostage, according to the Justice Department.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The alerts underscore the worsening security crisis in Port-au-Prince, where heavily armed gangs control large swaths of the city and kidnappings have become a major source of revenue for criminal groups. Ransom abductions have plagued Haiti for years, often targeting business owners, aid workers and foreign nationals perceived as able to pay.

Fox News Digital’s Alexandra Koch contributed to this report.

Read the full article here

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Copy Link Print
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News & Research

Democrats risk FEMA disaster funding collapse as DHS shutdown hits Day 5

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Senate Democrats and the White House remain locked in a standoff over…

News February 19, 2026

Trump marks Black History Month, announces Medal of Freedom for Carson and praises Nicki Minaj

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! President Donald Trump announced that former Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary…

News February 18, 2026

Rubio holding secret talks with Raul Castro’s grandson over Cuba’s future: report

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Secretary of State Marco Rubio has reportedly been holding secret talks with…

News February 18, 2026

House Republicans threaten to force Russia sanctions vote after giving leadership ‘one last chance’

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! A pair of House Republicans could soon mount an effort to force…

News February 18, 2026
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact Us
  • 2025 © Gun Guy Emails. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?