Gun Guys Emails
Our Newsletter
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Tactical
  • Firearms
  • Videos
Reading: Rep. Tom Kean Jr. says he expects to return to Congress ‘in the next couple of weeks’ after missing 100 votes
Share
Search
Gun Guys EmailsGun Guys Emails
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Firearms
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Tactical
  • Firearms
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
2025 © Gun Guy Emails. All Rights Reserved.
News

Rep. Tom Kean Jr. says he expects to return to Congress ‘in the next couple of weeks’ after missing 100 votes

Wayne Park
Last updated: May 22, 2026 2:11 am
Last updated: May 22, 2026 4 Min Read
Share
Rep. Tom Kean Jr. says he expects to return to Congress ‘in the next couple of weeks’ after missing 100 votes
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Rep. Tom Kean Jr., R-N.J., said Thursday that he expects to return to Congress “in the next couple of weeks” after missing 100 consecutive House votes during an extended absence tied to what his office has described only as a “personal health matter.”

“My doctors are confident that I’m on the road to a full recovery,” Kean, 57, told the New Jersey Globe in his first public comments since stepping away from Capitol Hill in March.

“I understand the need for public transparency, and I appreciate the support of my constituents,” he added. “I anticipate that in the next couple of weeks, I’ll return to voting and to the campaign trail.”

Kean last voted on March 5 and has missed every House roll call vote since then, according to GovTrack. His absence has drawn heightened attention because Republicans hold a slim majority in the House and because Kean represents one of the country’s most competitive congressional districts ahead of the 2026 midterm elections.

TOM KEAN JR’S PROLONGED ABSENCE PUTS PRESSURE ON HOUSE REPUBLICANS’ RAZOR-THIN MAJORITY

His office has repeatedly declined to disclose details about the illness, saying only that the congressman is focused on recovery and expected to return “soon.” Fox News Digital reached out to a representative for Kean for additional comment.

Last week, Kean’s father, former New Jersey Gov. Tom Kean Sr., told NJ.com that his son was recovering from a “serious illness.”

“You can’t say definitely, but their best guess is now he’ll be out in two or three weeks,” Kean Sr. said, referring to doctors treating his son. “Any time you’ve been through a serious illness, you can’t be 100% the day you get back. You’re gonna be able to do things, but gradually ramping up.”

COMPLEX PARTIAL SEIZURE RULED AS CAUSE OF PAUSING EPISODE DURING HOUSE FLOOR SPEECH, DEM CONGRESSMAN SAYS

Tom Kean Jr. speaking at his election night party in Basking Ridge, New Jersey

Kean Sr. also said doctors expect his son to make a full recovery but declined to discuss the diagnosis.

House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., told reporters this week that he had spoken with Kean recently but was unaware of details surrounding the congressman’s condition.

“We’re expecting him back here soon. He’s had a medical issue,” Johnson said Wednesday. “I don’t even know the details.”

JOHNSON WARNS HOUSE REPUBLICANS TO ‘STAY HEALTHY’ AS GOP MAJORITY SHRINKS TO THE EDGE

House Speaker Mike Johnson speaking during a news conference with House Majority Whip Tom Emmer listening

The absence has become a growing political issue in New Jersey as Democrats target Kean’s swing district. Kean is running unopposed in the Republican primary on June 2, while several Democrats are competing for their party’s nomination.

Earlier this month, a top Kean aide told The New York Times, “There’s no cameras where Tom is.”

Kean consultant Harrison Neely said this week the congressman remains committed to seeking reelection.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

“What I can tell you is that the congressman is dealing with a personal health matter. He is focused on his recovery,” Neely told the New York Post.

Fox News Digital’s Adam Pack contributed to this report.

Read the full article here

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Copy Link Print
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News & Research

Trump administration orders green card applicants to leave the US, apply from their home countries

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced on Friday a major shift…

News May 22, 2026

Warren torched over ‘my kind of man’ praise for Platner after death-wish post for wounded veteran resurfaces

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s vocal support for her controversial New England neighbor Graham…

News May 22, 2026

EXCLUSIVE: Tulsi Gabbard resigns from Trump Cabinet

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! EXCLUSIVE: Tulsi Gabbard is resigning from her post as Director of National…

News May 22, 2026

Combat veteran nearly killed by Taliban fires back at Platner’s deleted online attack: ‘You’re a coward’

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Combat veteran and Purple Heart recipient Ted Daniels, who was nearly killed…

News May 22, 2026
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact Us
  • 2025 © Gun Guy Emails. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?