Gun Guys Emails
Our Newsletter
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Tactical
  • Firearms
  • Videos
Reading: Supreme Court allows Trump’s White House ballroom construction to continue for now
Share
Search
Gun Guys EmailsGun Guys Emails
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Firearms
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Tactical
  • Firearms
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
2025 © Gun Guy Emails. All Rights Reserved.
News

Supreme Court allows Trump’s White House ballroom construction to continue for now

Wayne Park
Last updated: August 21, 2026 7:18 pm
Last updated: August 21, 2026 4 Min Read
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts temporarily allowed above-ground construction of President Donald Trump’s White House ballroom to continue Friday, staying a lower court injunction that would block the work.

Roberts issued an administrative stay of the preliminary injunction entered April 16, by the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, putting the injunction on hold “pending further order” from Roberts or the Supreme Court.

The move puts the case in a temporary holding pattern while the Supreme Court considers whether construction can continue as the underlying legal battle plays out. Above-ground construction can continue for now.

JUDGE ORDERS TRUMP TO HALT WHITE HOUSE BALLROOM CONSTRUCTION, ESCALATING LEGAL FEUD

A federal appeals court mandate blocking construction had been scheduled to take effect Friday.

The Trump administration asked the Supreme Court last week to intervene in the months-long legal battle, arguing that halting construction would threaten national security and the safety of the president and other senior officials.

TRUMP SAYS WHITE HOUSE BALLROOM RULING JEOPARDIZES LIVES OF FUTURE PRESIDENTS, VOWS SUPREME COURT APPEAL

In its emergency application, the administration described the project as an “integrated military complex” that includes a secure ballroom space and argued that the project is critical to protecting the president, his family, White House staff and visiting foreign leaders.

The administration also pointed to assassination attempts against Trump in arguing for additional security measures associated with the new complex.

TRUMP PULLS BACK CURTAIN ON WHITE HOUSE BALLROOM’S FORTRESS-LIKE DEFENSES ABOVE AND DEEP BELOW

President Donald Trump holds a design rendering of a proposed $400 million presidential ballroom at the White House.

The emergency application went to Roberts, who handles emergency matters arising from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

The National Trust for Historic Preservation, which is suing to block the project, opposed the administration’s request and argued that Congress has authority over federal property and had not authorized the ballroom project.

REPUBLICANS RUSH TO GREEN LIGHT WHITE HOUSE BALLROOM FOLLOWING THIRD TRUMP ASSASSINATION SCARE

Rendering of the proposed White House

The preservation group also accused the administration of attempting to outrun judicial review by accelerating construction while the litigation proceeded. In its filing, the group said a 250-person crew had been working “20 hours a day, 7 days a week.”

The Trump administration has taken an aggressive position in the dispute, arguing that construction has advanced to the point that judicial intervention would come too late.

APPEALS COURT LETS TRUMP RESUME WHITE HOUSE BALLROOM CONSTRUCTION, SEEKS LOWER COURT CLARITY

White House ballroom

The legal fight reached the Supreme Court after a divided federal appeals court ruled that Congress had not authorized the ballroom. The ruling would have blocked above-ground construction while allowing underground work associated with new security features to continue.

Roberts’ Friday order keeps the lower court injunction on hold for now but does not resolve the underlying dispute over the project.

MORNING GLORY: SCOTUS SHOULD URGENTLY ALLOW CONSTRUCTION AT THE WHITE HOUSE TO PROCEED

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The White House did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment.

Read the full article here

Share This Article
Facebook X Email Copy Link Print
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News & Research

Fox News Campus Radicals Newsletter: DOJ opens probe into prestigious college over alleged discrimination favo

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! TRUE COLORS: DOJ opens probe into prestigious college over alleged discrimination favoring…

News August 21, 2026

Black voters rip Dems over taking them for granted in El-Sayed’s backyard: ‘Hush us up’

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Black voters could play a decisive role in Michigan’s closely watched Senate…

News August 21, 2026

EXCLUSIVE: Angel dad finds ‘new purpose’ with ICE after daughter’s killing turned his world upside down

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! EXCLUSIVE: A grieving angel dad whose daughter was killed by an illegal…

News August 21, 2026

AOC endorses Sen Ed Markey as incumbent faces Dem US Senate primary challenge from Rep Seth Moulton

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., endorsed Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., as the incumbent…

News August 21, 2026
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact Us
  • 2025 © Gun Guy Emails. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?